Things to come see!
Howard Christensen Nature Center
Located in Northern Kent County (your backyard) – 135 acres, surrounded in 6,000 acres of state gaming land.
Wonderfully remote, secluded, quiet and serene!
Come visit us today, 16190 Red Pine Drive, Kent City, MI 49330
Visit our Interpretive Center
Price: Free – Times: Mon – Fri 9AM – 4PM (Saturday – Sunday’s for special occasions)
Open year around – Public Invited – Your Invited!
Below is a sampling of what to see at our wonderful Nature Center
- Come see our display of 400 + taxidermy animals
- Come see our Audubon (birds) Wall (400 different birds)
- Come see our HUGE anthill! Over 4’ in diameter
- Come see our Planetarium – planets and stars
- Come see our 35 Million year old Oreodont Fossil
- Come see our 15’ Anaconda Snake “Skin- Only”
- Come see “Jaws” (huge snapper turtles about 50 years old)
- We have two lakes, one creek, 7 – 12 miles of groomed trails, beautiful native trees, flowers, plants and even cactuses.
- We have awesome turtles, ducks, woodpeckers, deer’s, rabbits, raccoons and more wildlife!
- We have a beautiful Interpretive building with multi-animal displays – with a fireplace, library, Planetarium and more.
- Two floating docks – many sitting benches
- Two Outlook Towers – to spy on the wildlife – binoculars for borrowing, screen hats for borrowing & free bug spray
HCNC Experienced Road Trips Learning is a “natural” during hands-on field trips at HCNC or our Interpretative Instructor can come to your class, for inside learning at your facility! (Homeschoolers – churches – public schools – etc)
Boy & Girl Scout Programs – Camping overnights/retreats, Troop badge work, pre-scheduled programs, and Eagle Scout projects.