St Patty’s Scavenger Hunt
Everyone wear your green and come celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with us.
Adults and Children
Celebrate the Holiday with a “Nature Scavenger Hunt” there will be prizes and fun for all ages. Hidden things will be in our center and outdoors, so rain or shine come find that pot of gold!
Who doesn’t love a Scavenger Hunt?
Come join Howard Christensen Nature Center’s
16190 Red Pine Drive, Kent City, MI 49330, (616) 675-3158
Nature Scavenger Hunt – March, 17th
10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Donation of $5.00 per person
Form your scavenger hunt team today! Gather your family, friends, coworkers, and children, and grab your backpacks, jars, nets, catchers, to fill up with the things in the list below.
There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place; prizes will be handed out at 1:30 p.m. Day includes snacks.
You can compete in the hunt as an individual or as part of a team. Teams consist of four and no more than eight people per group. Each individual or team will want to bring a digital camera to participate (or camera phone).
Our center will have the following items for use on a first come first serve bases.
- Field guide books
- Ponchos for if it rains
We will be hunting the following – NONE of the items below may be brought to center prior to Hunt; all participants must be willing to be checked prior to event (pockets turned inside out)
- Insect (must be alive)
- Leaf from an Oak Tree
- One Feather
- 5 Pinecones
- One worm
- Seed of any kind
- Temporary pet, such as a frog, snail, fish, or anything that is alive – must be healthy when brought in. We plan to let any temporary pet go at end of event.
- One piece of trash, trash items may be the following: Bags, cans, bottles – paper or plastic item
- 5 Cigarette butts
- Moss (chunk approximately 5 inches big and no smaller than 3 inches wide)
- Picture of a bird flying (in motion through air)
The following EXTRA items will be hidden for your finding that have been intentionally put outside – NONE of these items will be off a trail, so please stay safe and on the trails when looking for the following items.
- One hard to find green teddy bear – only one!
- 5 plastic Easter eggs (with goodies inside for keeping)